If you are seeking an all-inclusive package with a knowledgeable guide showcasing the best features of the Abel Tasman Coastal Track, then this three day guided walk is the one! Incorporating a unique boat-stay and a night in luxury at Awaroa Lodge, this walk offers a personal and pleasurable guided walk option.
Day 1 – Marahau to Anchorage
(Approx. 4 hours/12.4km)
After pick-ups in Nelson, Motueka or Marahau and introduction to your guide, your walk begins passing through regenerating forest and alongside beautiful golden sand beaches. Linger at Apple Tree Bay, before gaining some altitude to enjoy great views over all of Tasman Bay. Anchorage is near, and your boat accommodation in private rooms for the night. A unique boat-stay with a BBQ evening meal served on the top deck of the boat – bliss!
Day 2 – Anchorage to Awaroa Inlet
(Approx. 8 hours/23.5km)
Today is a long but rewarding day in the heart of the park. Cross Torrent Bay Inlet before heading inland, emerging to the coast again at Medlands then Bark Bays. See the historic Tonga granite quarry – long since abandoned – with Tonga Island out to sea, a great place for a swim. Soak up the beauty of Onatahuti Beach with Awaroa Lodge soon reached. This elegant eco lodge is a perfect place to relax with its picturesque views of wetlands and native bush.
Day 3 – Awaroa to Totaranui
(Approx. 2.5 hours/5.5km)
Depart Awaroa and make your way across the huge Awaroa Inlet to Pound Gully. The track winds through virgin New Zealand forest before emerging to yet another golden sand beach – Waiharakeke Bay. Up and over another headland and soon we see the beach of Totaranui stretching out in the distance. This is the pick- up point for our water taxi journey back to Marahau to complete your Abel Tasman experience by sea. Once back in Marahau we shuttle you back to your accommodation.
1399NZ per person (based on twin share)
$350NZ single supplement
- Transport to Marahau to/from Nelson accommodation
- 2 nights’ accommodation (Private room Aquapackers at Anchorage; Hotel room at Awaroa Lodge, Awaroa)
- All overnight luggage transfers – you carry just a daypack with your lunch etc.
- Water taxi shuttle from Totoranui back to Marahau.
- 3 packed lunches including fresh brewed coffee or tea
- All food including restaurant dining at Awaroa Lodge
- BBQ evening meal & breakfast on Aquapackers Boat
- Foot towels for drying feet after tidal crossings.
- The services of a well-informed guide
- Your personalised itinerary, maps and other information
- A single supplement will apply if single occupancy is required
- Available year round subject to minimum of two persons.
We can currently offer this trip departing on the following dates (please enquire if you would prefer an alternative departure date):
September 2017 - 24th
December 2017 - 6th
January 2018 - 22nd and 27th
February 2018 - 3rd