Hollyford Three Day Guided Walk
The three day guided walk on the Hollyford Track offers the chance to visit a stunning part of New Zealand for many who might not have otherwise experienced it.
The three day guided walk on the Hollyford Track is an all-inclusive wilderness experience with expert guides in a journey of discovery from the mountains to the sea. You’ll also enjoy wonderful cuisine prepared and served by friendly lodge hosts while relaxing in well-appointed and comfortable private lodges.
Day 1 – Lower Hollyford Road to Pyke Lodge
(Approx. 5-7 hours/19.5km)
Travel from Queenstown or Te Anau to the Hollyford Valley then walk with your guide through native beech forest to Pyke Lodge. You'll re-trace the footsteps of Maori and early pioneers while walking in the shadow of the mighty Southern Alps, including Fiordland National Parks’ two highest peaks - Mt Tutoko (2746m) and Mt Madeline (2537m).
Day 2 – Pyke Lodge to Martins Bay Lodge
(Approx. 5 hours/15km)
Soak in the morning light on Lake Alabaster before boarding a jet boat for the next part of your adventure. You may even encounter a family of Bottlenose Dolphins who are regular visitors to the lower river and lake. Walk through ancient forest giants such as native rimu, totara and kahikatea before arrival at your home for this evening, Martins Bay Lodge.
Day 3 – Martins Bay Lodge to Te Anau/Queenstown
Explore Martins Bay spit today and learn about the history of both its Māori and European settlements before flying by helicopter into Milford Sound where the coach awaits to return you to Te Anau and then Queenstown. Your scenic flight takes you along the rugged coast and into the truly spectacular and dramatic Milford Sound. An amazing finish to your journey . . .
$1895NZ per adult (low season)
$1495NZ per child (low season)
$2095NZ per adult (high season)
$1695NZ per child (high season)
Low Season: 22 October to 23 December 2017, 19 January to 6 February and 9 to 25 April 2018
High Season: 26 December 2017 to 17 January and 8 February to 7 April 2018
- Pre-departure briefing
- Return coach transport to Queenstown and Te Anau
- 2 nights’ track accommodation in well-appointed private lodges with twin share rooms, hot showers and flush toilets
- Well-informed guides
- Wilderness jet boat trip down the Hollyford River and across Lake McKerrow
- Helicopter flight into Milford Sound
- Friendly professional lodge hosts
- All bedding including duvets and hot water bottles, towels, soap, shampoo and hairdryers
- All meals on the track
- Use of backpacks and rain jackets if required
- Adult age - 15 years of age and over; child age 10-14 years
- Departing every second day from 22nd October to 25th April. Low and high season rates apply.
- All April 2018 trips depart from Te Anau only
- Single Supplement Fee (all season) = NZ $800 for those who wish to guarantee a room to themselves