Hollyford Four Day Guided Walk
This Four Day Guided experience of the Hollyford Track offers the chance to visit a stunning part of New Zealand. Following the course of the Hollyford River, the Hollyford Track is a low-altitude walk along the valley floor, very achievable for those with a reasonable level of fitness.
This Four Day Guided Wilderness experience of the Hollyford Track is an all-inclusive experience with expert guides in a journey of discovery from the mountains to the sea. You’ll also enjoy wonderful cuisine prepared and served by friendly lodge hosts while relaxing in well-appointed and comfortable private lodges.
Day 1 – Pre trip briefing and overnight at Distinction Luxmore Hotel, Te Anau
Transport from Queenstown to Te Anau departing at 3.30pm if required, alternatively meet in Te Anau. Check into the Distinction Luxmore Hotel in Te Anau and relax prior to the 6.30pm pre trip briefing. A chance to meet your fellow walkers and then enjoy dinner this evening (included in package)
Day 2 – Lower Hollyford Road to Pyke Lodge (Approx. 5-7 hours/19.5km)
Following breakfast this morning, you will depart Te Anau around 8am out to the Hollyford Valley. Walk with your guide through native beech forest to Pyke Lodge. You'll re-trace the footsteps of Maori and early pioneers while walking in the shadow of the mighty Southern Alps, including Fiordland National Parks’ two highest peaks - Mt Tutoko (2746m) and Mt Madeline (2537m).
You will carry your own pack on this day.
At the end of the first day you will be welcomed at Pyke Lodge by your friendly lodge hosts. You can enjoy hot showers, a 3 course dinner and a chance to relax.
Day 3 – Pyke Lodge to Martins Bay Lodge (Approx. 5 hours/15km)
Today you will cover 15km by foot and your main pack will be transported to Martins Bay Lodge while you carry a smaller day pack (that is provided) for your daily essentials. Soak in the morning light on Lake Alabaster before boarding a jet boat for the next part of your adventure. You may even encounter a family of Bottlenose Dolphins who are regular visitors to the lower river and lake. Walk through ancient forest giants such as native rimu, totara and kahikatea before arrival at your home for this evening, Martins Bay Lodge.
Day 4 – Martins Bay Lodge to Te Anau/Queenstown (Approx. 3 hours/5km)
Explore Martins Bay spit today and learn about the history of both its Maori and European settlements before flying by helicopter into Milford Sound. Your scenic flight takes you along the rugged coast and into the truly spectacular and dramatic Milford Sound where the coach awaits to return you to Te Anau or Queenstown. . An amazing finish to your journey . . .
$2795NZ per adult
- Coach transport from Queenstown to Te Anau if required, departs Queenstown at 3.30pm
- Pre walk briefing at 6.30pm at Distinction Luxmore Hotel, Te Anau
- One night's pre walk accommodation, dinner and breakfast at the Distinction Luxmore Hotel in Te Anau
- 2 nights’ track accommodation in well-appointed private lodges with twin share bunk style private rooms, shared bathrooms, hot showers and flush toilets (Pyke Lodge and Martins Bay Lodge)
- All bedding, towels, soap, shampoo and hairdryers
- 3 course evening meals, cooked and continental breakfasts, and wilderness lunches, plus snacks along the way. Tea, coffee and fruit juice are included at the lodges and alcohol is available to purchase
- Experienced guides
- Friendly professional lodge hosts.
- Wilderness jet boat trip down the Hollyford River and across Lake McKerrow
- Amazing Helicopter flight into Milford Sound
- Transport of your main pack from Pyke Lodge to Martins Bay Lodge (you are provided a smaller day pack for essential gear only)
- Use of backpacks, rain jackets and walking poles if required
- Return coach transport to Te Anau (arrive approx 4pm) or Queenstown (arrive approx 6.30pm). Please note - Queenstown transport is not available if you choose to overnight in Milford or Te Anau)
- Child rate - 10 to 14 years - $2395NZ per child (15 years of age and over are charged at adult rate)
- Single Supplement Fee - NZ $1199 for those who wish to guarantee a room to themselves, otherwise for solo travellers we can arrange a twin share room with another solo traveller of the same gender
- Maximum group size - 16
2021/2022 Departure Dates:
December 2021 - 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
January 2022 - 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30
February 2022 - 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25, 26, 28
March 2022 - 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21 ,22, 24, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31
April 2022 - 2, 4, 6, 8, 10