Milford One Day Guided Walk and Cruise
This one day guided walk provides a taste of the famous Milford Track, long regarded as the 'finest walk in the world'.
If you don’t have the time to complete the entire Milford Track, a One Guided Day Walk will give a great overview of this popular trail followed by a scenic cruise on Milford Sound, out to the mouth of the Fiord - a truely magical day.
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Te Anau at around 6.30am and driven along the famous Milford Road, before arriving at the Milford Sound Visitors Terminal. The walk then begins with a short boat ride to Sandfly Point. A wonderful 5.5 km (11 km return) walk alongside the cascading Arthur River and moody Lake Ada, on a well maintained track through ancient temperate rainforest surrounded by an array of ferns, mosses and lichens in vibrant shades of green leads to Giant Gate Waterfall. An expansive swing bridge provides perfect photo opportunities. Return at a leisurely pace taking the time to enjoy this incredible forest. Walkers then re-join the boat for the transfer back to Milford and then enjoy an afternoon scenic cruise around Milford Sound. You will be transported back to Te Anau following the cruise, arriving back at around 6pm.
$325NZ per person
- Pick up from your Te Anau accommodation
- Return transport between Te Anau and Milford Sound
- Professional nature guide
- Water taxi transport from Deep Water Basin to Sandfly Point, Milford Track and return
- Hot drinks
- Afternoon scenic cruise on Milford Sound (2 hour cruise to the mouth of the fiord)
- Packed Lunch on the Milford Sound Cruise can be pre arranged for an additional $25 per person
- Available between 1st November 2021 and 30th April 2022