Hollyford Three Day Guided Walk
This Three Day Guided Walk on the Hollyford Track offers the chance to visit a stunning part of New Zealand. Following the course of the Hollyford River, the Hollyford Track is a low-altitude walk along the valley floor, very achievable for those with a reasonable level of fitness.
This Three Day Guided Walk on the Hollyford Track is an all-inclusive wilderness experience with expert guides in a journey of discovery from the mountains to the sea. You’ll also enjoy wonderful cuisine prepared and served by friendly lodge hosts while relaxing in well-appointed and comfortable private lodges.
Day 0 – Pre trip Briefing
5.30pm pre trip briefing in either Queenstown or Te Anau
Day 1 – Lower Hollyford Road to Pyke Lodge (Approx. 5-7 hours/19.5km)
Travel from Queenstown or Te Anau to the Hollyford Valley then walk with your guide through native beech forest to Pyke Lodge. You'll re-trace the footsteps of Maori and early pioneers while walking in the shadow of the mighty Southern Alps, including Fiordland National Parks’ two highest peaks - Mt Tutoko (2746m) and Mt Madeline (2537m).
Day 2 – Pyke Lodge to Martins Bay Lodge (Approx. 5 hours/15km)
Soak in the morning light on Lake Alabaster before boarding a jet boat for the next part of your adventure. You may even encounter a family of Bottlenose Dolphins who are regular visitors to the lower river and lake. Walk through ancient forest giants such as native rimu, totara and kahikatea before arrival at your home for this evening, Martins Bay Lodge.
Day 3 – Martins Bay Lodge to Te Anau/Queenstown (Approx. 3 hours/8.5km)
Explore Martins Bay spit today and learn about the history of both its Maori and European settlements before flying by helicopter into Milford Sound where the coach awaits to return you to Te Anau and then Queenstown. Your scenic flight takes you along the rugged coast and into the truly spectacular and dramatic Milford Sound. An amazing finish to your journey . . .
$2295NZ per adult
- Pre-departure briefing in either Queenstown or Te Anau at 5.30pm the afternoon before departure
- Return coach transport from/to Queenstown or Te Anau.
- 2 nights’ track accommodation in well-appointed private lodges with twin share bunk style private rooms, hot showers and flush toilets
- Well-informed guides.
- Wilderness jet boat trip down the Hollyford River and across Lake McKerrow
- Helicopter flight into Milford Sound
- Friendly professional lodge hosts.
- All bedding including duvets and hot water bottles, towels, soap, shampoo and hairdryers
- All meals on the track
- luggage transfers on day 2 and day 3
- Use of backpacks and rain jackets if required
- Child rate - 10 to 14 years - $1865NZ per child (15 years of age and over are charged at adult rate)
- Single Supplement Fee (all season) = NZ $1050 for those who wish to guarantee a room to themselves, otherwise for solo travellers we can arrange a twin share room with another solo traveller of the same gender
2020/2021 Departure Dates:
January 2021 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30
February 2021 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27
March 2021 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29
Many of the above departure dates are now full - please email us for the most up to date trip availability.
Additional dates are now also available in March 2021 - please email us for more details - minimum numbers required