Queen Charlotte One Day Guided Walk
If time is short, a one day guided walk on the Queen Charlotte Track from Ship Cove to Endeavour Inlet is a great introduction to this popular trail.
If you are passing through Marlborough, this one day guided walk provides an excellent day excursion along a premier section of the Queen Charlotte Track. For those who would like to learn about the wildlife and history of the Marlborough Sounds as they walk with an expert guide, this is the perfect day trip.
Take a boat cruise from Picton to Ship Cove past salmon farms and sea birds on a beautiful voyage to Ship Cove, a historic and scenic reserve that Captain Cook visited several times in the 17th Century.
Enjoy a guided walk along the Queen Charlotte Track from Ship Cove to Endeavour Inlet (14km - five hours).
Many beautiful views are to be had across the Marlborough Sounds as you stroll through ancient forest. Your informative local guide will explain the European and Maori connections of this significant historical area as well as provide detailed information on flora and fauna.
Duration: 10 hours
$365NZ per person
- Water transport to and from track
- Lunch and freshly brewed tea/coffee
- The services of a well-informed local guide
- Pick up from Picton accommodation
- Available year round subject to a minimum of two persons (singles please apply).
- Winter trips may vary in timings due to water taxi services.